A long time ago I had some 8 Channel PMR446 radios that had two power levels 10 Milliwatt and 500mw , I tried the two outputs and found It never really made much of a difference in general use making me think there was really no difference in the power despite the two settings. I tested the output and found there was a massive difference but I couldn't measure down to 10mw. Today I came across a conversation on the calling frequency on the 70cm band ( I could only hear one side) this appeared to a business relaying information to a on site employee. So my question is has anyone used LPD433 or heard anyone using it ? Are there an DX records ?
Thanks all
Anyone tried or scanned for 433 LPD radios ?
-
KILLERPARSNIP
- Super Member

- Posts: 176
- Joined: 27 Jan 2016, 20:15
- Has thanked: 72 times
- Been thanked: 9 times
- rob42
- Super Member

- Posts: 135
- Joined: 24 May 2026, 07:01
- Has thanked: 61 times
- Been thanked: 27 times
Re: Anyone tried or scanned for 433 LPD radios ?
There's some, but too much RT in my area. What there is, is seldom (if ever) point-to-point; usually I pickup one the local repeaters being activated, which for me, is GB3TS (for the most part).
QRP is going to be my bag, with a home-brew Yagi-Uda Antenna, so the LPD 70cm band is where I'll be.
DX? I hope so. I'll post some reports, if anyone is in the least bit interested.
Not too sure if this is the kind of reply which is of any use, but there it is.
QRP is going to be my bag, with a home-brew Yagi-Uda Antenna, so the LPD 70cm band is where I'll be.
DX? I hope so. I'll post some reports, if anyone is in the least bit interested.
Not too sure if this is the kind of reply which is of any use, but there it is.
QTH: Durham UK
Scanner: Uniden UBC125XLTC + Moonraker Skyscan Mobile Antenna
Software: Scan125 Control Program Suite
(http://www.nick-bailey.co.uk/scan125)
with my own scan125-frequency.log Monitor bolted on.
Transceiver: Baofeng GT-5R + NAGOYA NA-771
License Level: Pending
Scanner: Uniden UBC125XLTC + Moonraker Skyscan Mobile Antenna
Software: Scan125 Control Program Suite
(http://www.nick-bailey.co.uk/scan125)
with my own scan125-frequency.log Monitor bolted on.
Transceiver: Baofeng GT-5R + NAGOYA NA-771
License Level: Pending